At the office of plastic surgeon Dr. John LeRoy, we recognize the importance of our work—giving people the confidence that allows them to live their lives to the fullest. But we also want to give something to those in our community who need help in ways beyond restoring self-esteem. That’s why, every year, we hold several social media charity contests, when we ask all of you to help us identify a local charity that can put our $1,000 donation to good use. We’ve been taking in your nominations for the past few weeks, and now the finalists have been chosen and we invite you to vote for the charity you think should win.
Here’s how to cast your vote:
- Go to the John L. LeRoy, MD Facebook page and click “Like,” if you haven’t already.
- Find the post at the top of our timeline, inviting you to vote in the charity contest. Click the link in the post, which will take you to the poll to cast your vote.
- Be sure to vote before Monday, July 20th, 2015. The winning charity will be announced on Tuesday, July 21st, 2015.
The finalists include:
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Hospice – A diagnosis of terminal cancer is extremely difficult for anyone, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Hospice believes that these patients shouldn’t need to worry about being unable to afford the medical care they need. The facility provides the necessary round-the-clock nursing attention for patients who cannot afford adequate care elsewhere, allowing those in need to enjoy their days without the significant financial burden of hospice costs.
- The TJ and Friends Foundation – When TJ Johnson was battling cancer, three of his friends organized an escorted motorcycle ride to raise money to assist with the family’s medical costs. Today, in TJ’s memory, the friends continue their mission by hosting fundraising events to ease the financial burden for other cancer patients in Northeast Georgia. To date, they have helped over 1,000 local patients since the foundation’s founding in 2008.
- Atlanta Humane Society – As Atlanta’s oldest private charitable organization, the Atlanta Humane Society has been serving the community for over 140 years. Today, they’re a leader in the fight to end pet homelessness and overpopulation in metro Atlanta, and use a multi-faceted approach that combines educational programs and veterinary services with pet adoption centers where adoptable animals are never euthanized.
All of us at the office of Dr. John LeRoy are honored to be able to give back to our community and help those in need. We encourage each of you to join us in supporting our fellow Georgians’ charitable missions by voting on the charity whom you feel will put our donation to the best use. To learn more about us and the cosmetic surgery services we offer, explore our website or schedule a consultation appointment.