At the offices of plastic surgeon Dr. John L. LeRoy, we don’t take our good fortune for granted. We’re honored to spend every day both fulfilling our passion for aesthetic surgery and helping our patients find a self-confidence they’ve never had before. To pass along some of this joy to other members of the Atlanta-area community, we’re excited to kick off another of our social media charity contests. Within the next few weeks, we’ll be donating $1,000 to a deserving Georgia charity, and we’re asking for your help to select the winning organization.
How does the contest work?
The first stage of our charity contest has already begun! Until Friday, April 29th, 2016, we’re accepting nominations from anyone who visits our Facebook page. On Monday, May 2nd, we’ll select and announce up to four finalists, and you’ll then be able to cast your vote until Friday, May 13th, and the official winner will be announced on Monday, May 16th.
How can I participate?
To submit a nomination, just follow these simple steps:
- Visit the John LeRoy, MD Facebook page and click “Like” on the photo, if you haven’t in the past.
- Comment on the top post on the page (the one announcing the charity contest) with the name of the charity you want to nominate. You can also explain, in 50 words or less, why they’ve earned your nomination.
Remember, we only need one nomination for an organization in order for it to be considered as a possible finalist! Just be sure to return to our Facebook page between May 2nd and May 13th, 2016 to see if your charity is a finalist and to cast your vote.
Nominated organizations can provide nearly any type of service to the community, and they simply need to meet the following requirements:
- The charity must hold a 501(c)(3) non-profit distinction or be a valid and charitable crowdfunding page.
- The charity must be in Georgia.
- The nominator must be at least 16 years of age.
- Each nominator may only nominate one charity.
- The charity must contribute to a greater good, identifiable through a published mission statement.
- The charity may not be a previous charity contest winner (recent winners include The Mastocytosis Society, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Atlanta Humane Society, and Atlanta S.E.E.D.s).
Throughout the years, we’ve been honored to help many members of the Atlanta community, including the seriously ill and their families, the homeless, the young and underprivileged, and even abused or neglected animals. With your help, we look forward to continuing to make a difference in the lives of our patients and neighbors alike. To learn more about the plastic surgery services we provide, explore our website or schedule a consultation with Dr. John LeRoy.