At the plastic surgery office of Dr. John LeRoy, we place strong value on being part of our community. After all, it’s because of our patients in the Atlanta area that we are able to spend every day pursuing our passion of helping men and women be their most confident selves. To give back to our neighbors in Atlanta and beyond, we host a social media charity contest each quarter, allowing Georgia-based non-profit organizations to compete for a $1,000 donation. We’re excited to announce that our summer 2016 contest is now in full swing, and you have the opportunity to help your favorite charity win!
Our charity giveaways have two stages: nominations and voting. During the nomination stage (July 21st – August 5th, 2016), anyone is welcome to nominate the Georgia-based non-profit organization who they believe would make good use of our donation. After the nominations close, we’ll select up to four finalists. Then, from August 8th through August 19th, 2016, we’ll have a poll on our Facebook page where you can vote for one of the four finalists. The winning charity will be announced on Monday, August 22nd and will receive a $1,000 donation to use toward their cause.
Here’s how you can participate and help your favorite charity win:
- Visit the John L. LeRoy, MD Facebook page before August 5th and comment on the “Summer 2016 Charity Giveaway” post with the name of the organization you want to nominate. Feel free to add up to 50 words explaining why they’ve earned your nomination. Each nomination must meet the following criteria:
- The charity must hold a 501(c)(3) non-profit distinction or be a valid and charitable crowdfunding page.
- The charity must be in Georgia.
- The nominator must be at least 16 years of age.
- Each nominator may only nominate one charity.
- The charity must contribute to a greater good, identifiable through a published mission statement.
- The charity may not be a previous charity contest winner (recent winners include Little Nuggets Rescue, The Mastocytosis Society, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Atlanta Humane Society, and Atlanta S.E.E.D.s).
- Last Step: Return to our Facebook page between August 8th and August 19th to place your vote for a final winner! We’ll announce the voting in a post at the top of the page, so you’ll be able to simply click on the link in that post and place your vote. While there’s no need to be a plastic surgery patient or have an affiliation with our office in order to vote, each person may only vote once, so be sure to spread the word so your friends can vote for your favorite charity, too!
At Dr. John LeRoy’s plastic surgery office, seeing how thrilled our patients are to look in the mirror is one of the most rewarding aspects of our job. But we also enjoy helping the members of our community who have needs in other areas of their lives, like housing, healthcare, or simply emotional support. If you have questions about our current or future social media charity contests, contact Dr. John LeRoy’s plastic surgery office. Or, to keep up with our future charity contests, special offers, and other news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, and subscribe to our newsletter.