At the plastic surgery office of Dr. John LeRoy, we place strong value on being part of our community. After all, it’s because of our patients in the Atlanta area that we are able to spend every day pursuing our passion of helping men and women be their most confident selves. To give back to our neighbors in Atlanta and beyond, we host a social media charity contest each quarter, allowing Georgia-based non-profit organizations to compete for a $1,000 donation. We’re excited to announce that our summer 2016 contest is now in full swing, and you have the opportunity to help your favorite charity win!
Our charity giveaways have two stages: nominations and voting. During the nomination stage (July 21st – August 5th, 2016), anyone is welcome to nominate the Georgia-based non-profit organization who they believe would make good use of our donation. After the nominations close, we’ll select up to four finalists. Then, from August 8th through August 19th, 2016, we’ll have a poll on our Facebook page where you can vote for one of the four finalists. The winning charity will be announced on Monday, August 22nd and will receive a $1,000 donation to use toward their cause.
Here’s how you can participate and help your favorite charity win:
- Visit the John L. LeRoy, MD Facebook page before August 5th and comment on the “Summer 2016 Charity Giveaway” post with the name of the organization you want to nominate. Feel free to add up to 50 words explaining why they’ve earned your nomination. Each nomination must meet the following criteria:
- The charity must hold a 501(c)(3) non-profit distinction or be a valid and charitable crowdfunding page.
- The charity must be in Georgia.
- The nominator must be at least 16 years of age.
- Each nominator may only nominate one charity.
- The charity must contribute to a greater good, identifiable through a published mission statement.
- The charity may not be a previous charity contest winner (recent winners include Little Nuggets Rescue, The Mastocytosis Society, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Atlanta Humane Society, and Atlanta S.E.E.D.s).
- Last Step: Return to our Facebook page between August 8th and August 19th to place your vote for a final winner! We’ll announce the voting in a post at the top of the page, so you’ll be able to simply click on the link in that post and place your vote. While there’s no need to be a plastic surgery patient or have an affiliation with our office in order to vote, each person may only vote once, so be sure to spread the word so your friends can vote for your favorite charity, too!
At Dr. John LeRoy’s plastic surgery office, seeing how thrilled our patients are to look in the mirror is one of the most rewarding aspects of our job. But we also enjoy helping the members of our community who have needs in other areas of their lives, like housing, healthcare, or simply emotional support. If you have questions about our current or future social media charity contests, contact Dr. John LeRoy’s plastic surgery office. Or, to keep up with our future charity contests, special offers, and other news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, and subscribe to our newsletter.
Depending on your personal tastes, “planning” can either be an exciting word or an awful one. Some people enjoy making lists, getting organized, and thinking ahead, while others enjoy being more spontaneous. Whichever type of person you normally are, the fact is that planning ahead is one of the keys to a successful plastic surgery – including my most popular procedures, face lifts and Band Aid Mini Facelifts. But don’t worry – as a double board-certified plastic surgeon, I’m happy to offer some tips and tricks to help you prepare.
- Do your homework. Specifically, this applies to choosing a surgeon and a procedure. Look for a board-certified plastic surgeon (if you only see the words “plastic surgeon” or “cosmetic surgeon,” they may not have all the rigorous education, testing, and years of experience requirements needed for board certification) and feel free to consult with several surgeons before you find one who makes you feel comfortable.
- Plan your resting space. After surgery, you’ll need to keep your head elevated at around a 30-45 degree angle while lying down during the early stages of your recovery. Either plan to use a comfortable recliner or prepare your bed using a wedge pillow or several comfortable pillows you can use to elevate your head.
- Evaluate your medicine cabinet. In addition to filling any prescriptions you may need (such as pain medication and antibiotics), you may also want to stock up on over-the-counter medications, because the medicine you normally take (like aspirin, certain other pain relievers, and specific herbal and nutritional supplements) may interfere with your body’s healing process and affect your plastic surgery results.
- Have your support system ready to go. It’s important to have family and friends available, not only for emotional support but for all the little things you may not be able to do for the first few days, such as transportation, shopping, child care, cooking, and cleaning.
- Stop smoking. Many patients underestimate the impact smoking has on recovery. By impairing your circulation, it limits your body’s ability to heal, which increases your risk for complications while also slowing your recovery and potentially limiting the quality of your results.
- Have soft food ready to go. To give your face an opportunity to rest, we generally recommend soft foods that require little or no chewing for the first 24 hours after a face lift. However, some patients need or choose to stay on a soft diet for longer, so it’s a good idea to stock up on soft foods before your procedure, especially those that require little preparation.
- Have everything you need at an easy-to-access level. You shouldn’t bend down, lift, or strain yourself after surgery, so do an inventory of everything you should need to access during your healing period and place all of it around the height of your waist or chest.
- Get a nightlight or flashlight. In case you need to make your way to the bathroom or elsewhere in your dark home at night, make sure you have a way to see where you’re going so you don’t fall or otherwise injure yourself.
- Follow all other pre-surgical instructions. Every plastic surgery patient is unique, so be sure to follow the detailed instructions I provide to you for preparing for your procedure, because these can vary based on your specific medical needs and the surgery you’re receiving. You should also review the post-surgical instructions so you can ask me any questions you may have and ensure that your spouse, friend, or anyone else who is helping with your recovery understands what they’ll need to do.
- Keep in communication with your plastic surgeon. Ask any and all questions you may have before your surgery so you have the knowledge, information, and peace of mind to help your procedure and your recovery be successful.
Even if planning and preparation isn’t exactly your idea of a good time, taking the right steps before plastic surgery can go a long way towards helping you have the safest and most successful possible results. To start discussing whether a facelift may be the best choice for you and how you can get the results you’re looking for, schedule a consultation with me, Dr. John LeRoy. Or, for more plastic surgery tips and helpful information, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
While Dr. John LeRoy has developed a professional reputation in Atlanta as a highly skilled plastic surgeon (especially for facial rejuvenation procedures like face lifts, neck lifts, and even non-surgical treatments), he is also well-known as the surgeon behind the Band Aid Mini Face Lift. Because it uses a minimally invasive approach but still creates the precise results only cosmetic surgery can provide, the Band Aid Facelift has become the most popular procedure Dr. LeRoy performs, and this month’s issue of Atlanta Magazine highlights why it’s been the right choice for thousands of patients.
To be brief, the Band Aid Mini Facelift is a less invasive version of the traditional facelift. This opens the door to a number of advantages:
- A focus on natural-looking results
- Ability to perform the surgery in our comfortable office setting
- Gentle numbing (with conscious sedation if desired), rather than being “put under” with general anesthesia
- Significantly reduced recovery time
- Less bruising and swelling than a traditional face lift causes
- Smaller incisions, which lead to minimal scarring
Ultimately, this means that the Band Aid Mini Face Lift is a way for patients to receive significant results with a more manageable surgery. While a traditional facelift does have the ability to create a more powerful change and is therefore often the best option for patients with more extensive aging, the Band Aid Mini Facelift can be ideal for patients who are in the “in between stage”: the point when non-surgical facial rejuvenation will no longer produce dramatic enough results, but when aging has not yet progressed far enough to justify the lengthy recovery of a comprehensive face lift or when you just want a subtle improvement.
The first step toward getting plastic surgery results that will help you feel confident for years to come is finding the right procedure and board-certified plastic surgeon to fit your needs and aesthetic goals. To start discussing your cosmetic surgery options, schedule a consultation with Dr. LeRoy. Or, to stay up-to-date on the latest special offers and announcements from our office, follow Dr. John LeRoy on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Facelifts answer a cosmetic concern that plagues all of us as we get older: the physical effects of aging. Wrinkles and skin laxity may affect everyone at different rates, and they may bother some people more than others, but most people want to maintain a younger appearance for as long as possible. While non-surgical procedures like Botox®, facial fillers, and laser treatments can help, there comes a time when the skin has lost too much elasticity for them to produce results that the patient will be happy with, and when this occurs, facelifts and mini facelifts have helped countless Americans restore confidence in their appearance. To help you develop a better understanding of this popular plastic surgery, take a look at some of the helpful quick facts below.
One of the most important steps toward a successful face lift is choosing the best surgeon to suit your needs. Be sure to look for a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in working with the intricate anatomy of the face, like Dr. John LeRoy. To start your journey toward becoming your most confident and beautiful self, schedule a consultation with us or follow Dr. John LeRoy on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.