Choosing a plastic surgery procedure isn’t as simple as many people think. Take facial rejuvenation for example. Nearly everyone knows what a facelift is, but it’s just one of a large number of procedures designed to turn back the clock on facial aging, and the selection can even vary from one surgeon to the next. For many of my patients who want to look younger, the ideal option is actually not the traditional facelift but a surgery I developed nearly 20 years ago called the Band Aid Facelift. Like an old-fashioned facelift, this procedure can achieve powerfully successful results by removing excess sagging skin and repositioning facial tissue, but several factors make the Band Aid Mini Facelift unique.
An operating room can be intimidating for patients, and because my Band Aid Facelift uses minimally invasive techniques, it can be performed in my comfortable and safe office setting, putting patients at ease. This also significantly reduces the cost of the surgery by removing operating room’s pricey fee.
While a comprehensive facelift requires general anesthesia, the Band Aid Facelift requires only gentle numbing. That means you can remain awake during the entire procedure, and because anesthesia does carry some risks, patients are typically more comfortable with the gentle numbing and, if desired, conscious sedation.
Precise techniques allow me to achieve natural-looking facelift results while having as little unnecessary impact as possible. This means your recovery period will involve much less bruising and swelling than a typical facelift, as well as smaller incisions and smaller scars.
Shortened Recovery Time
One of the more prominent factors in many of my patients’ decisions to choose a Band Aid Mini Face Lift is that the downtime is significantly shorter than a traditional facelift requires. As a result, the surgery is much easier for patients to fit into their busy schedules and allows them to see their final results sooner.
Many patients considering plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation are concerned about getting a “windblown” or “overdone” look. While both the traditional face lift and Band Aid Mini Facelift can achieve a natural-looking, the minimally invasive procedure focuses on incremental, subtle improvements over time. As one patient explains it, “It isn’t anything anybody outwardly recognizes, they just say, “Oh, you look so refreshed all the time!”
Only Performed by Dr. John LeRoy
The Band Aid Facelift was developed by me, Dr. John LeRoy, and is performed exclusively in my Atlanta office. That means every Band Aid Mini Facelift is performed not only by a double board-certified plastic surgeon, but by the only one who has nearly twenty years of experience in this precise surgery.
Remember, while the Band Aid Facelift has allowed thousands of patients over the years to achieve the natural-looking results they wanted with less recovery time, the best way to ensure that you get the best possible results is to do your research, learn about all your options for both plastic surgeons and procedures, and schedule a plastic surgery consultation to discuss your specific circumstances. You can get started by scheduling an appointment at my office at 404-843-0840 or by following me, Dr. John LeRoy, on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
This month’s issue of Atlanta Magazine features some of the benefits of a Band Aid Mini Facelift – the shortened recovery time, the use of in-office gentle numbing rather than general anesthesia, the natural-looking results, and the minimal scarring, bruising, and swelling. But how do you know if this is a surgery you can benefit from? Every plastic surgery patient is unique, and it’s important to find the right procedure for each patient’s needs and priorities. While the only way to determine whether you’re a candidate for this procedure is to schedule a consultation with me, Dr. John LeRoy, below are a few qualities which can make a patient an ideal fit for a Band Aid Facelift.
- You have a moderate amount of aging. While my mini facelift is tailored to each patient’s “problem areas” and the degree of improvement they want, those with a more advanced amount of excess skin are typically better suited for a traditional facelift, which involves general anesthesia and is focused on providing a more extensive change.
- You’re more comfortable with local than general anesthesia. Many people have anxiety about going under general anesthesia, and while medical science has come a long way in ensuring your safety, there are still some rare risks involved. This can be a major deciding factor in some patients who are deciding between a Band Aid Facelift and a traditional surgery, because the Band Aid Mini Facelift only uses gentle numbing rather than “putting you under” with general anesthesia.
- Your goal is to restore more lifted, firm skin to your upper, middle, or lower face. The Band Aid Facelift can be customized to address each of these “problem areas.” But for patients whose primary concerns are their forehead and brow line or their eyes (like “hooded” eyelids or bags under the eyes), I also offer a minimally invasive Band Aid Brow Lift or Band Aid Eyelid Surgery.
- You want cost-effective results. While most of my Band Aid Mini Facelift patients choose their procedure because of the minimal downtime and the lack of general anesthesia, there’s also a strong financial benefit as well. Because the procedure is done in-office with gentle numbing, patients don’t have the large price tag of a hospital operating room or of general anesthesia. This surgery is also shorter than a comprehensive facelift, which means the surgical fees themselves are lower, so for patients who are good candidates for a mini facelift, the results are just as satisfying as those from a traditional facelift would be, but the cost is significantly lower.
- You prefer limited downtime. With any plastic surgery, patients need to find a balance between the amount of improvement each cosmetic procedure can offer them and the amount it disrupts their day-to-day routine. Some patients find that the extended time away from work and other daily responsibilities (as well as the need for help from family and friends) that a comprehensive facelift requires simply isn’t practical for them, and a Band Aid Mini Facelift can allow them to still regain an appearance they’re confident in with significantly less inconvenience.
Learning about the cosmetic surgery procedures you may be eligible for is a great first step in planning your surgery, but remember to also seek the recommendation of a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery and can use their professional experience to evaluate your concerns, goals, and medical needs to find the best options for you. To take that next step toward your most confident and beautiful self, schedule a consultation with me, Dr. John L. LeRoy. For more helpful plastic surgery information and the latest news and special offers, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
One of the most important decisions all plastic surgery patients will make is which procedure to have. The choice may seem more straightforward in some cases, such as patients who want larger breasts, but a particularly wide array of options is available for patients who want to look younger. Throughout more than twenty years of serving the Atlanta area as a double board-certified plastic surgeon, I have seen thousands of patients enjoy great success with the Band Aid Mini Facelift – a cosmetic surgery I developed to provide surgical-quality results in a minimally invasive way to reduce recovery time, scarring, swelling, bruising, and event patient costs. But what other advantages does a Band Aid Facelift offer? My video below delves into more detail about this unique approach.
Selecting a plastic surgery procedure should be a well-thought-out process, during which you’ve considered your aesthetic goals, medical needs, and practical priorities along with the guidance of a board-certified plastic surgeon. To get started on your journey toward becoming your most confident and beautiful self, schedule a consultation with me. Or, for more plastic surgery information and helpful tips, join me, Dr. John LeRoy, on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
At the offices of plastic surgeon Dr. John L. LeRoy, we don’t take our good fortune for granted. We’re honored to spend every day both fulfilling our passion for aesthetic surgery and helping our patients find a self-confidence they’ve never had before. To pass along some of this joy to other members of the Atlanta-area community, we’re excited to kick off another of our social media charity contests. Within the next few weeks, we’ll be donating $1,000 to a deserving Georgia charity, and we’re asking for your help to select the winning organization.
How does the contest work?
The first stage of our charity contest has already begun! Until Friday, April 29th, 2016, we’re accepting nominations from anyone who visits our Facebook page. On Monday, May 2nd, we’ll select and announce up to four finalists, and you’ll then be able to cast your vote until Friday, May 13th, and the official winner will be announced on Monday, May 16th.
How can I participate?
To submit a nomination, just follow these simple steps:
- Visit the John LeRoy, MD Facebook page and click “Like” on the photo, if you haven’t in the past.
- Comment on the top post on the page (the one announcing the charity contest) with the name of the charity you want to nominate. You can also explain, in 50 words or less, why they’ve earned your nomination.
Remember, we only need one nomination for an organization in order for it to be considered as a possible finalist! Just be sure to return to our Facebook page between May 2nd and May 13th, 2016 to see if your charity is a finalist and to cast your vote.
Nominated organizations can provide nearly any type of service to the community, and they simply need to meet the following requirements:
- The charity must hold a 501(c)(3) non-profit distinction or be a valid and charitable crowdfunding page.
- The charity must be in Georgia.
- The nominator must be at least 16 years of age.
- Each nominator may only nominate one charity.
- The charity must contribute to a greater good, identifiable through a published mission statement.
- The charity may not be a previous charity contest winner (recent winners include The Mastocytosis Society, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Atlanta Humane Society, and Atlanta S.E.E.D.s).
Throughout the years, we’ve been honored to help many members of the Atlanta community, including the seriously ill and their families, the homeless, the young and underprivileged, and even abused or neglected animals. With your help, we look forward to continuing to make a difference in the lives of our patients and neighbors alike. To learn more about the plastic surgery services we provide, explore our website or schedule a consultation with Dr. John LeRoy.