Dr. John LeRoy, practicing out of Atlanta, Georgia, knows that plastic surgery is a momentous, life-altering endeavor. Our practice is committed to providing patients with resources and counseling to enable them to make educated decisions about facial plastic surgery. Although nothing can replace an in-person consultation with Dr. LeRoy, we have provided some preliminary information that will assist you during your decision-making process.
How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon
When considering plastic surgery, it is important that you choose a surgeon with the right credentials and experience. During your search for the right surgeon, you should take several factors into account, including:
- Experience – Your health should always be a top priority when you are choosing a surgeon. A doctor with ample experience will be better able to handle any complications that may arise before, during, and after plastic surgery. Furthermore, a surgeon with many years of experience will naturally have had more time to perfect his or her technique, making it possible for you to receive the best possible outcome.
- Board Certification – It is highly recommended that you find a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This certification ensures that, in addition to general surgery instruction, your surgeon has had training in the area of aesthetic plastic surgery. This certification requires each candidate to earn his or her degree from a reputable medical school and complete at least 5 years of surgical residency.
- Documentation – Your surgeon should be able to provide you with several before-and-after photographs of his or her previous work in plastic surgery. For evidence of Dr. John LeRoy’s exceptional work, please see our facelift before-and-after photos, breast augmentation before-and-after photos, tummy tuck before-and-after photos, and liposuction before-and-after photos. Keep in mind Dr. LeRoy only provides a sample of his work in his online galleries for patient privacy, but you will be able to review even more examples of his plastic surgery results during a consultation.
- Your Comfort Level –Your personal comfort level with your surgeon is of utmost importance. You should be able to have an open, honest discussion with your doctor about your desires, expectations, medical history, and any other factors that will affect your surgery. A comfortable relationship with your plastic surgeon is essential to a successful outcome.
When you visit Dr. John LeRoy’s Atlanta, Georgia plastic surgery office for a consultation, you can expect a candid, no-pressure environment where you are free to ask any questions you have about Dr. LeRoy’s experience, credentials, and patient results. This is your opportunity to find out more about your intended plastic surgery procedure, be it a facelift, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, or other.
During your consultation, Dr. LeRoy will ask you specific questions about your aesthetic goals, lifestyle, medical history, family medical history, and any other personal information relevant to your surgery. He will also request a list of any medications you are taking including prescriptions, vitamins, supplements, and over-the-counter medications, so it’s a good idea to write down everything you are taking before your consultation. Because of the life-changing aspect of plastic surgery, Dr. LeRoy always wants to be sure his patients are adequately prepared, both physically and mentally. This is also your opportunity to address any concerns you have about your procedure and to get a better idea of how plastic surgery will change your appearance and lifestyle.
Financing and Insurance Information
Aside from very specific circumstances, elective cosmetic surgery IS NOT covered by insurance. Please inquire with your individual health insurance provider for specific details. Our Atlanta, Georgia plastic surgery practice accepts the following forms of payment:
- American Express®
- “Cashier’s Check or Money Order (Personal checks not accepted)
- Convenient and Affordable Monthly Payments
- Extended Payment Plans with Low, Fixed Interest Rates
- No Interest for 12 Months with on Time Payments
- No Prepayment Penalties
- No Up-Front Costs
We offer a wide range of payment options with flexible monthly payment options. Please contact us for more information.
For your convenience, we provide copies of our frequently used patient forms that you can download and print at home. Doing so allows you to fill out patient information before coming into the office.
- Patient Information
- Health Information
- Surgical Instructions (Pre-Op)
- Surgical Instructions (Post-Op)
- Your Right To Know Form
- Photographic Consent Form
- Anesthesia Providers
- Facility Certification
- Comparison Checklist
Contact Our Plastic Surgery Center
To schedule a free consultation with Dr. John LeRoy, contact our office in Atlanta, Georgia. Plastic surgery is a medical procedure that requires ample planning and superior care; our staff will ensure that you receive the support you need every step of the way.